Rehab Billing Specialist
Job Description Job Attributes+
400 Centre Street, Newton, MA 02458, US
The Billing Specialist supports the Billing Manager and is responsible for the timely submission and processing of medical claims to Medicare, private pay and insurance companies. The Billing Specialist will address day-to-day questions and act as additional quality support for multiple sites as well as billing for more complex or corporate ancillary business lines. Responsible for critical and timely solutions to issues, achievement of deadlines, timely payment of claims as well as compliance with company processes and policies. Utilizing the AR dashboards and AR aging reports with the assigned sites to identify trends and financial performance.
• Support the revenue function of a growing and profitable start up division by ensuring highly accurate and timely invoicing of claims
• Work with the treasury team to retrieve payment details from lockbox to timely and accurately post cash receipts
• Review Medicare and insurance remittance advices timely and rebill as necessary
• Ensure that day-to-day activities and processes related to AR/resident and insurance billing and cash application are in compliance with policies and procedures and carried out consistently
• Respond in a professional manner as well as timely to questions from insurance companies, Medicare and patients regarding balances on their accounts or status of their claims which may include researching and troubleshoot claim status and identifying issues related to the payment of a claim
• Generate, monitor and follow-up on monthly reports for each facility for insight into outstanding account balances due from Medicare, insurance and patients
• Possess the ability to investigate, analyze and coordination required to resolve discrepancies
• Perform professional collection calls as necessary to patients or Powers of Attorney regarding past due balances, providing a clear and concise explanation to them of the balance due and options for payment
• Demonstrate knowledge and understanding and respect the rights, dignity and individuality of each resident in all interactions
• Escalates issues to Supervisor and Manager as needed
• Assist with the month end close process, including ensuring all charges are recorded into the AR subledger and recorded in the ERP system by reconciling the subledger to the general ledger
• Maintains strict confidentiality and adheres to all HIPAA guidelines and regulations as well as California Consumer Privacy Act
• Respond to internal and external inquires
• Assist with the annual audit, as needed
• Consistently takes pride in the quality of their work
• Inquisitive and eager to learn, develop and continuously improve within a large team setting
• Passion for understanding processes and continuous process improvement
• Enthusiastic and shows an intense enjoyment and interest in accounts receivable matters or the desire to learn everything about medical billing
• Detailed oriented and capable of carrying out given tasks independently
• Deadline driven
• Positive attitude with the flexibility to work well in a changing and fluid environment
• Demonstrates clear and concise written and verbal communication skills appropriate to the audience and area of responsibility
• Seeks feedback and perspective from others; knows when to ask for help and guidance to prioritize
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office
• The preferred candidate would also have experience or familiarity with:
o Mid-size to large SEC company environment
o SOX controls
o Casamba or similar billing and AR subledger system
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
• Associates Degree or equivalent work experience preferred
• Institute of Finance Management AR Certification preferred
The culture at Five Star is built on our shared core values – People First, Integrity, Mindful, Listen and Work to Be Our Best. Within that framework we want to include positive collaboration, proactive problem solving and relentless curiosity. Positive collaboration means that we work together and make decisions for the greater good - with open, honest and respectful communication. Proactive problem-solving means that we come to the table with ideas, recommendations and solutions - instead of sitting back and waiting for others to raise an issue or fix a problem for us. Relentless curiosity means that we continually strive to improve, learn and grow by asking questions, seeking knowledge and stretching beyond our comfort zone.
Five Star Senior Living and Ageility are operating divisions of AlerisLife, a provider of an evolving portfolio of residential and lifestyle services to older adults who want to live life to the fullest. We are approximately 10,000 team members serving in 29 states as well as our corporate AlerisLife headquarters located outside of Boston. Together, we’re assembling a suite of best-in-class products and services to inspire joyful living in a growing range of settings.
Ageility provides both rehabilitation and fitness services for a true continuum of care and return to optimal health. Our Ageility team specializes in older adults, delivering physical, occupational and speech therapy services and personalized fitness programming in more than 200 clinics nationwide. We serve customers within Five Star communities and other senior living communities and settings. At Ageility, we’re reimagining rehab for older adults who are reimagining aging. We invite you to come join a team where you can make a difference!
Please note that AlerisLife and its subsidiaries require COVID-19 vaccination and/or proof of COVID-19 vaccination for all employees as a condition of employment, subject to medical, religious or other accommodations or exemptions required by law. We believe this requirement is vital to keeping everyone at AlerisLife and in our communities safe. Any applicant requiring an accommodation in connection with the hiring process and/or to perform the essential functions of the position for which the applicant has applied should make a request to the recruiter or hiring manager.
Job Additional Information
Five Star Senior Living's corporate headquarters are located in Newton, Massachusetts. Just 20 minutes outside of downtown Boston, the building features easy access to public transportation and the Massachusetts Turnpike.
Who We Are
Ageility is a leading national provider of comprehensive inpatient and outpatient therapy along with wellness and fitness services designed exclusively for older adults residing in active older adult and senior living communities.
Ageility prides itself on the delivery of superior personalized services in an integrated fashion.
We partner and collaborate closely with the care teams in senior living communities to assist in providing continuity of therapy services across the continuum of care with the ultimate goal of helping our patients regain or retain their optimal level of performance.
Hear From Our Team Members
Ageility culture cherishes the relationship we have with our community partners, providing industry leading customer service. We understand how vital census is to the success of your operations. Our marketing and tour protocols are designed to develop potential residents. Ageility therapy and fitness programs allow residents to enjoy their time at your community for longer stays with the highest quality of life possible.
Divisional Rehab Director, Physical Therapist