Fitness Programming and Training Specialist
Job Description Job Attributes+
Community / Clinic
Ageility at Contract G&A
Hollywood, FL, US
At this time we are seeking a Fitness Programming and Training Specialist.
This is a full time/salaried position with a full benefit package.
The Fitness Programming and Training Specialist will oversee the fitness curriculum and training for Ageility Fitness. This role will be responsible for the design, implementation, and outcomes of health and fitness programs with a focus on the older adult population. This person will be responsible for the creation of fitness programming which aligns with the Ageility Fitness Business Plan, including both signature group classes and personal training standards. This person will create the training programs and provide training and guidance to fitness professionals in the field. This person will collaborate with other senior fitness leaders to create new policies and procedures and implement changes as necessary.
- Assist in developing and updating fitness policies and procedures.
- Identifies current trends in fitness and implements programs accordingly. Consistently monitors program and evolves program and training.
- Assist with budgets for equipment needs for specific communities and programs. Accurately budgets and forecasts impact of training programs.
- Provides education and training to fitness professionals in the field.
- Demonstrates ability to communicate effectively with rehab team members about individual customer findings or concerns and about program improvement issues.
- Effectively applies knowledge of exercise science to develop programs to a population with a variety of conditions
- Participates in the collection, analysis and reporting of identified individual client and program outcomes. Implements changes as appropriate.
- Trains Team Members in assessing participants during and post exercise in order to make appropriate referrals and/or recommendations to the client.
- Trains team members how to record group and individual sessions and any other program reporting requirements
- Developing, modifying, and implementing an effective fitness trainer orientation
- In-servicing various health and fitness topics.
- Measures efficacy and implementation of Physical Fitness programs and reports monthly
- Ensure Physical Fitness programs are developed, implemented and carried out according to plan
- Performance Improvement and Quality Assurance for Ageility Fitness to include data collection, assessment, recommendations for improvement, reporting to Ageility Director Fitness and VP Ageility
- Bachelor degree in Exercise Science or related field, Master’s degree strongly desired.
- Five years of experience in a managerial role, preferably in a fitness or rehabilitation related field.
- Experience developing and executing training programs.
- Highly organized and self-motivated. Ability to structure and create programs tailored to different customer segments with minimal oversight.
- Communication and interpersonal skills to work effectively with clients, staff, and others. Demonstrates active listening techniques, gains support through effective relationships, treats others with dignity and respect and seeks feedback.
- Demonstrates ability to perform necessary skills and competencies.
- Commitment to a healthy lifestyle as a model for participants and staff.
- Safety and customer service oriented.
- Personality that is outgoing, upbeat, positive, and motivating.
- Models organizational values and fosters high performance.
- Proficient computer and internet skills.
- Keeps current and integrates new information into program.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Registered Clinical Ageility Director of Personal Fitness and Training (RCEP) or Clinical Ageility Director of Personal Fitness and Training (CEP) certification strongly desired or ACE (American Council on Exercise) certified
- Attends in-service and education programs and attends continuing education required for maintenance of professional certification or licensure. Develop and maintain professional affiliations.
- Current CPR/BLS required
- First Aid, and AED certifications a plus
Ageility provides both inpatient and outpatient services to over 150 communities. These services are provided both within Five Star and to customers externally. We offer Physical, Occupational and Speech Therapy Services. Our specialty programs includes our Step up to Stop falls Program, "Connections" our memory care therapy program, and our executive functioning program that focuses on cognitive strategies aimed at keeping our residents independent in areas such as medication management and house hold functions.
Ageility, and its parent, subsidiary and affiliated entities, prohibits discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment with regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or veteran status. In addition to federal requirements, Ageility, and its parent, subsidiary and affiliated entities, complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has communities and/or facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Job Additional Information
Ageility, a senior focused outpatient therapy solution, has been providing services since 2001. We pride ourselves in the ability to deliver excellent clinical services while maintaining a hospitality approach. As a pioneer in our industry, we have developed a successful business model that recognizes and responds to the needs of our customers. Learn more about the benefits of our rehab services with the equipment and expertise of our team.
Who We Are
Ageility is a leading national provider of comprehensive inpatient and outpatient therapy along with wellness and fitness services designed exclusively for older adults residing in active older adult and senior living communities.
Ageility prides itself on the delivery of superior personalized services in an integrated fashion.
We partner and collaborate closely with the care teams in senior living communities to assist in providing continuity of therapy services across the continuum of care with the ultimate goal of helping our patients regain or retain their optimal level of performance.
Hear From Our Team Members
Ageility culture cherishes the relationship we have with our community partners, providing industry leading customer service. We understand how vital census is to the success of your operations. Our marketing and tour protocols are designed to develop potential residents. Ageility therapy and fitness programs allow residents to enjoy their time at your community for longer stays with the highest quality of life possible.
Divisional Rehab Director, Physical Therapist